Planning an Autumnal Party? Seven Fall Foods and Wines Pairings
Do-it-yourselfers in the kitchen love seasonal entertaining opportunities (And we do, too!). This year’s Beaujolais Nouveau, released in November, pairs nicely with everything from Chinese take-out to crusty bread rolls. Food & Wine.com has some terrific recipes and wine* matches for fall party ideas. Our 7 favorites are:
- Rosemary Flatbread, blue cheese, grapes with 2010 Mulderbosch Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé ($12)
- Curried Spaghetti Squash, chickpea toast with 2009 Dry Creek Vineyard Dry Chenin Blanc ($12)
- Baked Camembert, pears with NV Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc de Blancs ($11)
- Mushroom Fontina Crostini with 2009 Castle Rock Pinot Noir ($12)
- Butternut Squash and Sage Wontons with 2010 Tiefenbrunner Pinot Bianco ($14)
- Gargantuan Gougères with 2007 Clos du Bois Merlot ($15)
- Mushroom, Butternut Squash, Gruyère Tart with 2009 Esser Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon ($10)
Have fun with our fall party ideas! We have many tips for you; we specialize in customizing events to meet your or your organization’s needs for social interaction or fundraising. Call or contact one of our professionals at Team Player Productions, Inc. (TPP) for information. Even though winter winds are beginning to blow, we can create a weather-friendly urban adventure for your groups!
*TPP does not recommend nor endorse any brand(s) of wines.